Whenever a intense impact to the head occurs a traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is frequently the end result. Here at San Carlos Injury Lawyer we comprehend the a number of things which cause brain injury such as falls, medical malpractice and auto accidents.
San Carlos Injury Lawyer brain injury lawyers have helped a number of clientele and their family members find resolution.
If you or a family member has sustained a traumatic brain injury or if you have a query, please don't hesitate to get in touch with San Carlos Injury Lawyer right now at 650-209-7800 or e-mail us online.
Vehicles & Brain Traumas
Auto accidents are the primary reason for TBI in the U.S.
You'll find numerous ways a brain injury can easily occur. One of the ways is whenever the head makes direct contact powerfully with something similar to a windshield. Another way is whenever an accident happens which causes the head to be jerked around strongly inside the cranium. When this occurs direct impact does not have to be existing. Damage to the brain can easily occur at the time of the accident, or it can easily develop over time as tissues enlarge and bleed inside the head.
Side impact traumas are most often the reason behind brain injuries as they result in the head striking the windows of the vehicle. The number of brain injuries in a front impact collision is much less because of airbags and seat belts.
Traumas and brain hemorrhages have occurred whenever airbags are defective. Brain stems have even been severed when this occurs. In a number of cases where this has occurred and individuals have been killed or paralyzed it wouldn't have took place if the air bag hadn't been deployed. Safety bags have killed 227 since 1990 in low-impact collisions. Including 76 drivers, 10 adult passengers, 119 girls and boys between the ages of 1 and eleven, and twenty-two babies.
Brain Injury-Med Malpractice
Medical error produced by medicare professionals for example physicians and nurses can easily cause brain damage or TBI. The majority of traumatic brain injuries are brought on during childbirth, possibly by a delay in conducting a necessary c-section, complications with a vaginal delivery, or a blunder causing a traumatic delivery.
However even with the best of care TBI can easily still occur. A brain injury cannot continually be avoided.
You'll find other conditions, however, in that a brain injury might have been prevented or at best made less severe if proper measures were taken. When this occurs it's medical malpractice.
Child abuse, sports injuries, automobile or bicycle accidents are the cause of a number of of the traumatic brain injuries in girls and boys. You'll find around 100,000 girls and boys put in the hospital each and every year with head injuries.
A brain injury can easily be hard to diagnose in a child because of the normal changes which occur at various levels of development.
It may seem that they are normal after having a TBI but issues show up later in life whenever they cannot do easy things like make rational decisions.
We know every circumstance is diverse, that is why we urge you to get hold of San Carlos Injury Lawyer to speak with an experienced Brain Injury Attorney who can easily assist you to determine your rights.
Signs Or Symptoms Of Brain Injury
A broad number of signs or symptoms can easily occur after a brain injury. Below is a listing of possible signs or symptoms, that can easily occur from injury to particular areas of the brain:
Frontal Lobe: Forehead
- Decrease ineasy movement of various areas of the body (Paralysis).
- Unable to complete things, like fixing soup, which require numerous steps
- Impulsiveness is lost
- Loss of overall flexibility in thinking.
- One track mind focuses in a single thought
- Not able to focus on the job at hand
- Mood changes.
- Shifts in social behavior.
- Personality changes
- Problem solving difficulties
- Language expression issues
Parietal Lobe: close to the back and top of your head
- Not able to attend to more than one object at any given time.
- Not ableto name an object.
- Not able to locate the words for writing.
- Problems with reading.
- Difficultywith drawing physical objects.
- Not able to determine left from right
- Mathematics difficulties
- Unawareness of areas of the body in a way which impacts self-care
- Visual focus troubles
- Hand - eye coordination issues
Occipital Lobes: the majority of posterior, in the back of the head
- Vision issues
- Difficultywith finding physical objects in surroundings.
- Difficulty with determining colors.
- Production of hallucinations.
- Visual illusions - inaccurately viewing objects.
- Word blindness - lack of ability to recognize words.
- Difficulty in identifying drawn objects.
- Recognizing movements of an object are difficult
- Writing and reading troubles
Side of Head - Above Ears - Temporal Lobes
- Trouble with identifying faces.
- Comprehending spoken words difficulties
- Problems with what's seen and heard
- Difficulty verbalizing and identifying physical objects
- Short term memory loss.
- Long term memory loss interference
- Enhanced and reduced interest in sexual behavior.
- Cannot classify things
- Persistent speaking if the right lobe is impaired
- Elevated aggressive behavior.
Within the Brain - Brain Stem
- Decreased essential capacity in breathing, critical for speech.
- Difficulty with perception and organtization of the environment.
- Movement and balance troubles
- Nausea and dizziness
- Sleep problems
Cerebellum: base of the skull
- Loss in ability to coordinate fine movements.
- Unable to walk
- Reach out and grabbing objects no longer is possible
- Speech which is slurred
- Rapid movements are hard
If a family member has sustained a traumatic brain injury, please don't hesitate to get in touch with San Carlos Injury Lawyer now at 650-209-7800 or e-mail us online.